Dr. Jaime Ponce de León, M.D. Surgeon, Bariatric Specialist
General Bariatric Surgeon
Dr. Ponce de León has over 10 years of dedication to the understanding and the treatment of obesity.
With the experience of more than 2,300 Adjustable Gastric Bands performed along with other procedures as Vertical Gastroplasty, Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and the recent Gastric Plication.
Medical Certifications and Awards
- Medicine faculty Dr. Ignacio Chavez of "Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolas de
- Postgraduate: Hospital General de Tijuana SSA.
- Bariatric course in Leon Guanajuato, México.
- Bariatric diploma in Universidad Autonoma de Baja
- Lap Band System workshop
- Current Treasurer of the General Surgeons College of Tijuana
- Professor and Organizer of the XII International General Surgery Congress in
- Teacher in the precongress course of bariatric surgery in the XII Annual International Congress of General Surgery in
- Minimal Invasive Surgery course taken in CECMI in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Advance course in Esophagus Endoscopic Surgery in Vallarta, México
- Mexican Society of Bariatric Surgery Member (sociedad mexicana de la cirugía de la obesidad, a.c.).
- General Surgeons College of Tijuana Member (Colegio de Cirujanos Generales de Tijuana A.C.).
- IFSO Member (International Federation Surgery Obesity).